
Ain't often I screw up.
But I did.
And I have an answer--it's called personal responsibility.
I'm pretty good at that.
Now...... My answer is to tell on myself.
Other people's answer is "Wait to see if dad notices the broken the lamp....he might not!"
But I did.
And I have an answer--it's called personal responsibility.
I'm pretty good at that.
Now...... My answer is to tell on myself.
Other people's answer is "Wait to see if dad notices the broken the lamp....he might not!"
Hold on a minute.......
I don't accept that from children--I should accept that from adults?
*sigh*
*sigh*
I hate screwing up....
Sucks to have your integrity tainted--let alone having to deal with folks who wanna hide your screw-ups.
Sucks to have your integrity tainted--let alone having to deal with folks who wanna hide your screw-ups.
I BROKE THE LAMP!
Sheeeeeeeeeshhhh....what's so hard about that?!
9 comments:
From my perspective, screwing up isn't SCREWING UP until we fail to be responsibility for screwing up. I'm certain dad values honesty more than he does that old lamp anyway. C:)
Zactly!!!!!!
*muttering about 'human beings'*
I'm sure I can help them arrive at 'the right thing to do'.
screwing up is hard,
cauz you want to be the
GOOD
role model for the kids,
for those you love.
You don't want to be the bad example..
least I don't.
Sigh
Is this a metaphorical lamp?
I think the dragon broke the lamp.
okay.
<---adjusting the serious face.
I think it is important to "raise my hand" when I screw up.
hmmm....
to tell the actual...ya know..TRUTH...I try to fix my screw ups before I publicly own them.
<--- scraping toe in the dirt
I had messing up.
OMG...there's nothing worse than when I've screwed up and then tried to make it look like I didn't screw up.
(you know...hiding the evidence)
Yup!...I've done that!
Funny thing though...
...it took much more energy to do THAT, than it did to finally CONFESS!!!
Damn me!!!
X
"what's so hard about that?!"
i think what's so hard about that is that we've been
told that every transgression or mistake leads to another humongous BLACK MARK being added to our PERMANENT RECORD, which sounds really ominous when you are a little kid...
Perfection is taught as the standard to meet if we want to "Be Somebody", and anything less is noted as FAILURE rather than the natural learning experience it is...
It's so much better to teach integrity!
Post a Comment