Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today's Thought

No matter what results you get, the only real failure is when you stop making the effort.
When you are mistaken, you can learn.
When you are knocked down, you can get back up.
When you find that you've veered off track, you can correct your direction.
When you discover that circumstances have changed, you can make adjustments.
What a shame it would be to stop just one effort short.

7 comments:

Spadoman said...

Effort is so underrated. There seems to be people everywhere who want the results they seek without any effort. This can be seen easiest in the diet and health and wellness industry. Buy this stuff and you'll lose weight, or take this pill and you'll be cured. But putting forth effort is never mentioned. Effort will take care of both problems.
Why, you can even win the Powerball Lottery if you make the effort and buy a ticket.

A Simple Statement said...

((((((((((((((mel)))))))))))))
((((((((((((((mel))))))))))))))))

Getting ready to go to work, yuppers,
The Lord knew I soooooo badly needed this today ;~)

TY mel
TY Jesus

I, Like The View said...

it's a beautiful balance, isn't it


knowing when and where to make the effort and knowing when to rest a little and stop driving yourself crazy from making the effort


but I agree totally, it is a shame if you stop at the wrong moment. . .


. . .cos sometimes that one moment doesn't occur again - but as the fairies write, that shouldn't stop us next time


(a long winded way of quite simply saying "yes")

Ron said...

I would like to copy and paste what I, Like the View has shared on this post, because it's exactly how "I" feel.

So thank you ILV!

And thak you Mel!

oooops...and faries too!

X

The CEO said...

A great post, and a beautiful addition from I, Like The View. The best possible synergy on a great blog. I am priviledged to come here.

Mel said...

(((((((( ILTV )))))))))

Absolutely--and very, very well said, ma'am.

As WPIML said to me, in a very loud, very clear tone--at a time when it seemed to be all about the grim facts...... "Don't quit five minutes before the miracle".

What a wise fella, eh?

I, Like The View said...

now that"don't quit five minutes before the miracle"is worth saving


thanking you very muchly, ma'am


and gents - Ron and The CEO - may I just say that it is an honour and a priviledge to come here and visit here and read what Ms Mel has to share with us, and I often smile and nod along with you guys and your contribution


(-: