Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sleeping with Bread



How many times this week have I heard "In G-d's time....."

When you're checking cellphones every half hour to make sure you haven't missed the stupid "We're on the WAY to have a baby--getcher arse overhereNOW" message (I'm sure it'll be much more gentle message than that...LOL....maybe....) and no message of that type arrives--you get to hear that.....a LOT.

And every day she stays in there is another day she develops into a stronger, healthier wee one.

In G-d's time......

And then there was this message that reached me via
a kindred soul:

The truth is that one day you will look back and see how all the pieces fit together.



Things happen as they are meant to happen......as they are purposed to happen and in His time. Even when I can't see the Big Guy's hand in what's going on--those things will serve some good....the pieces will fit together and at some point the dots in life's 'dot to dot' will get connected and I'll have one of those "I GET it!!!" moments.
Odds are I'll get that 'full heart' feeling when it happens and I'll 'know'.

I can, and oft times DO, sit in judgement of something being 'bad'. It FEELS bad. I don't like how people are affected. I don't like watching people in pain.

And as an alien who's trying to wrap her head around 'humanness', I DO very human things that create pain, that affect others in ways that I don't necessarily want to affect them. (most times--sometimes I do deliberate, dumb things that I regret later--things that just are NOT loving things to do...) (another lesson for Mel in humility as I go back to clean up the mess that I created....*sigh*)

Are those things 'bad'?
Well, they don't feel very loving--cuz they ain't......
Does good come from them?
I'd like to think so-- No. I know good comes from it--if even from just the very act of making me go back with hat in hand.....humility is a good thing, and it forces me to say what's true and to do 'the works' to set things as 'right' as I can.

Some of my strongest relationships have been bourne from me and my big mouth....and having to go back time and time again to right my wrongs, with great humility, even when I didn't want to or see the need to.

In G-d's time.

It's all good. Even if it doesn't feel like it. Even if I don't like it. Even if it involves work and pain and muck and mire.....it's all good.
Dot's will get connected.

Good will come from it.
Good does come from it.

The 'goods' in the week that I was about to put under the 'bad' category?

** The mountain of paperwork that was heaped onto me for the end of the month. It's kept me busy and focused and not so worried about the girl, the wee one and 'stuff' that I don't have control over. (dot connected!)

** The staff member whom I disciplined and was madder than a hornet with me for weeks.... GETS it! She came to me and thanked me for forcing her to get her work done in a timely manner versus putting it off and having to have people track her down. Her weekends are her OWN to play with her son now. (dot connected)

** The new pigeon I picked up a couple months ago, going back out and drinking again--and the family suffering as a result. I pray this is his 'bottom'... (dot in the process of being connected--there's lots of good, even if it's a painful process--I guess there's a reason he asked me to work with him, huh?)

** The budgety stuff that came back for revisions......again. More practice with Excel? ;-) Actually, there WAS a reason I kept those original proposed numbers that the boss changed! (THERE'S a dot's that connected!)

** The troubles with the worksite program that's suppose to make my life easier. Yeah, well, it bought me time to get some other things done and extended the due date for the stuff I couldn't get entered. *whew* THANK you Big Guy!


Geeze.... Back to "There's more than one way to look at things".

Things happening in G-d's time is a good deal.
....Practice on patience and perspective....and trusting--good things, too!

4 comments:

The CEO said...

Move a leaf, you affect a star. I always knew you were potent, Mel. True for the rest of us too, most of us never realize the ripple effects we cause. Once again, supurb insight! Thank you.

I, Like The View said...

I'll trust in the inner wisdom of this, for me

for you all - hope the baby is still safe in there, and all doing well

katherine. said...

"The truth is that one day you will look back and see how all the pieces fit together."I confess that takes a bit of patience and trust. And yes there is a full heart feeling.

I like the list of connected dots. It gives excellent perspective...

ashley said...

Connect-the-dots... It's amazing how the seemingly random and frustrating events come together for good.
God bless.