Seems to me I recall folks telling me how 'easy' it was--
--they lied!
Or maybe they did it differently.
All I know is I'm bone weary.
Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth--grab this, pick up that, offer this, offer that, rescue, charm, rescue, field the visitors, charm some more....pick up, pack up, grab this, call them, text her, run this there, run that here....ack.....
Sheeeeeeeeeshhhhh. Not MY fault I got some of it backwards. LOL
Inbetween all that, I gotta hold the most fabulous small person.
Yeah, yeah....
Really--she's a good baby.
'Cept she doesn't like baths.....yet...
(thinkin' it was the absence of the rubber duckie-which HAS been rectified, dontchaknow!)
OR.....it could be that she's gotta bathe in the silly receiving blanket.
*rolling eyes*
Suppose to be 'less traumatic' for the wee one.
AND she's suppose to sleep on her back--NOT on her tummy.
Gee.....seems to me when the girl was a wee one she was to sleep on her tummy and not her back.....oh well--whatever brings the girl peace of mind.
(Maybe all that tummy sleeping is what made her so ornery!)
I will say that we have a very clear understanding, given the past four days.
The girl understands that she's to be 'the voice of reason'......that's her role.
The other, other boy understands that he's to clean shotguns within clear sight of any fella that decides he wants to woo the wee one.
And my job--is to keep 'right' right and 'wrong' wrong....no matter the source of adversity.
I can feel sorry for her cuz it sucks to hear "NO".....but right's right and wrong's wrong and she'll just have to get over it.
Yeah....well--this is the reaction to 'dad' talking with her.
Every time she cried he got to her first (no foolin'!).
And EVERY time she turned into the 'cutest little thing on the face of the planet'.
NOT that she isn't a cute thing--I'm clear she is.
But do you see that face?
*sigh*
Really--what I needed to do was take a photo of 'DAD's' face.
Oy geeze.....
'Dad' is gonna be the weakest link.
Oh yeah.....hands down.
It mighta took him all of the four days to admit it, but he finally conceeded and owned it.
Not one tear fell, folks.
NOT one.
k....I'll give that she's still cute when she's about to launch a fit....
But I know......and the girl knows.....and the 'dad' knows....
"I'm the pushover, huh?....."
Yup.
He IS the weakest link.
Guess we know how HE'LL be referred to from this moment forward, huh? LOLOL
13 comments:
I just hung up the phone on a good friend of mine who is due on May 23rd thereabouts. She's doing fine and anxious.
I am happy for you. You seem to have a good head on yer shoulders about it all. The baby is beautiful, as all of them are.
Peace to you and all you hold dear.
Ooh how gorgeous :)
Well it's Dad's job to get pushed over a lot isn't it? He'd better get used to that!
(((((((((((Mel))))))))) (And could you pass on one or two to the little darling - and her Mum and Dad for that matter :) Didn't they do well : )Oh and don't forget the Brit-don't want to leave anyone out!
ah ah ah
wrapped around her little finger he is!! (as it should be I think)
cause Nana (nanna?) Mel is the voice of what is right. No matter what mama or dad says...nanna is right!
<---not laughing...not much anyway
duckies, and bubbles, and sidewalk chalk, and the proper hat...those are the things that are right.
it'll get easier soon...not so much running around...you'll get to sit on the porch swing holding her and telling her about the menagerie...speaking of fairies...
she is truly beautiful mel...no kidding around....truly.
they should have a few more...
smile.
Mel, I am so happy for you. Congratulations Nanna and to the new parents. She is a really beauty. Ah, it is just so wonderful holding a wee one.
I know every single moment is precious to you, enjoy it Nanna.
Bill
Mel:
A friend who worked for years with preemies and newborn has always insisted that baby items should be laundered with Dreft. Here's a link to all the Dreft products should you be unfamiliar with the latest:
http://www.dreftbabycare.com/index.html
Keep those baby pics coming :)
The wee one is such a super cutie!!!
The weakest Link?
OMG
I love it!
I have this image of little hearts floating around his head...
~snicker~
What an absolute little sweetheart.
Lovely post
And so good to know that the Ducky situation is under control!!!
xx
Congratulations on the wee one! She's a little doll! Lucky kiddo having you for a Nanna!
Congradulations!!!!! what a sweety!!!And shes a taurus, my fave star sighn
gorgeous
*sigh*
wonderful
*smile*
thank you so much for sharing all this with us!
XXX
OMG, she is just adorable...these are awesome photos Mel...enjoy...
OMG, Mel...HOW ADORABLE!!!!
This post made me get all teary-eyed!
Thanks for sharing such precious "love moment."
I feel all goo-goo, ga-ga.
{{{{{little one}}}}}}}
X
Mel!
She's just getting prettier and prettier, if that is even possible!
All that hair!
I imagine given time, she'll have more than just her poppa playing push-over for her. ;)
Post a Comment