Thursday, May 28, 2009

Walking the talk....


I'd asked the mom and the step-dad if they'd like to share their story with the kiddos....they'd gracious accepted. He was a the DEA (Drug Enforcement) person, she'd done her 5 years in a Federal prison.

He'd tossed his handcuffs on the table and offered to let one of my kiddos wear them.....so they'd know what it felt like.
She'd just gotten done speaking to that bit of paranoia that still lives in her whenever she's even briefly followed by a police car. She told the kiddos that she hoped that paranoia never left her. It keeps her ever mindful of the places she's been, that she hopes to never go again.

The local police entered only because there'd been no one on the unit to answer the phone. Someone got concerned.

It's nice that folks care enough that, should they not be able to reach the unit, they'd ring law enforcement out of concern.

He found us in the lecture room.

It was good for the mom.
It was good for the kiddos.

It was especially good for the step-dad as the mom twirled the handcuffs he'd hastily removed from the kiddos wrists "UHuh....not even the fluffy, feathery kind.....no sir, not me ever again."

LOL What a lovely shade of red.

8 comments:

katherine. said...

I don't get it.

Sorrow said...

ROTFLMAO!
a pink fluffy pair of handcuffs? how many kiddos heads did that go over I wonder?

starbender said...

Ha! I still to this day have the 'bit of paranoia that still lives in her whenever she's even briefly followed by a police car' syndrome. Every time a police car is behind me, I turn into somewhere. I have even pulled into peoples driveways, knocked on the door, and pretened I'm lost. hahahaaa.... not that I'm doing anything wrong, I just am not comfortable with them behind me. I'm okay with following them though.

Ron said...

I'm with Sorrow.

How many kiddos heads did that go over, I wonder?

tee, hee...

X

I, Like The View said...

what an very interesting account

and a lovely red painting (I have a yellow one on the table here, which is very similar!)

Pamela said...

That was a great response. And a very interesting day I'm sure.

skinnylittleblonde said...

LoL, I still get a sense of fear when a cop gets behind me too. Hahaha, they usually do pull me over. About 2 mos ago it was because I had no tags! Ha! Stolen right off of my car!
The mom with 5 years under her belt get a big feathery hug from me. Sometimes I don't agree with our penal system. Don't know what her crime was, but I know those records never go away...

mig said...

If the police follow me I'm always scared my rear lights might - just this day - have stopped working. I know you're supposed to check all your lights before you go out. Ha! Who does that? Not me certainly.